Saturday, September 17, 2011

Join Maxim at the 2011 Cuervo Games

The Disney Vacation Club is ideal for families that want to take a vacation every year. With a rich selection of possible vacation spots, this thing is just what the doctor ordered!

I'm not getting suckered into DVC!

Now I must admit, I was not always a Disney Vacation Club supporter. Truth be told, I was the person remarking under my breath when it seemed like there was a "DVC" exhibit on every corner. I can recall telling my wife I would under no circumstances become a member of DVC just because they're pushing so hard. In fairness, though, no one actually approached me. These folks were simply there in case we sought after some information. You don't get very far at the booth anyway, rather you schedule an appointment with a DVC associate. This is where it gets sweet. If you should consent to go meet with somebody they will facilitate to have your whole family picked up (if you want). Moreover, the six people in my family were all presented $15 Disney Dollars which can be used like cash. Yes, they essentially gave us $90 in cash to just go sit down with someone. We honestly used two of the cards for beer in Downtown Disney. I know, I know, we're rotten. Tell me about it.



The Price

Well, it ain't cheap. However, if you prefer to escape every single year then it works. The whole program is based on points. Each and every point has a value. To stay during peak times it will cost you more points. Points are deposited into your "bank" at the same time annually. The price per point will increase yearly (so join now!). What you want to find out is the amount of "points" you are going to require every year. A household of 4 is in a




more advantageous position than a family unit of 6. A family of 4 can reserve a studio which sleeps 4 comfortably. A household of 6 will want at least a 1 bedroom. Of course the bigger the room, the more points you are likely to need. You may "bank" points. This means skip a year, increase the points in your bank. You're able to also "borrow" points. In the event you desire a monstrous 600 point Hawaii getaway, and you only acquire 300 points every year, you can borrow 300 points from the following year and make it work. It's a wonderful system. You can actually look to Disney's site to obtain the most current point chart.




The Get Together

All of us get there by shuttle which picked us up right in front of Bay Lake Tower, which is where we were vacationing that actual week. As we stepped into the building we were warmly greeted with any refreshments of our preference, in addition to an eye-catching display of cookies. I suppose it doesn't take very much to excite me - lol. Well, in the office we go. This is where I was expecting the high-pressure sales hype. After all, they compensated me, picked me up, and fed me. Naturally I'm about to recompense for that with a 3 hour passionate sales pitch! Nope. Not a bit. It was the polar opposite. No hassle at all. We basically had a regular chat. Our representative was more interested in creating a back and forth discussion where he could establish what we were in search of. What we were shopping for was a yearly family vacation in a gorgeous hotel. We were searching for a location that is alluring to children, as well as adults. We were seeking a budget friendly expense. It just so happened that our wishes were exactly what the Disney Vacation Club had to offer.